- Layer up! Even if you are sitting around the house, it is best to layer up in loose clothing. Be sure to bundle up when you go outside as well!
- Never, never leave a fire unattended.
- Store a multipurpose, dry chemical fire extinguisher near the area to be heated.
- Do not burn paper in a fireplace.
- Ensure adequate ventilation if you must use a kerosene heater.
- Use only the type of fuel your heater is designed to use -- don't substitute.
- If your heater has a damaged electrical cord or produces sparks, don't use it.
- Check extension cords for wear. Do not overload extension cords. If you are using a portable electric heater, it should be plugged in directly to an appropriate household outlet. Do not use an extension cord.
- Good preventative maintenance in central heating units is recommended before cold weather hits. Have central heating units checked periodically by a professional during the winter months.
- Use fireplaces, wood stoves, and other combustion heaters only if they are properly vented to the outside and do not leak flue gas into the indoor air space.
- Do not place a space heater near things that may catch on fire, such as drapes, furniture or bedding.
- Make sure you have working smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors on every level of your house.
I hope you find someway to keep warm in these frigid temperatures in your Morrow County Home. Keep in mind...THERE ARE ONLY 51 DAYS UNTIL SPRING!!
Herb Baldwin, e-Pro, Realtor, CDPE email@example.com
RE/MAX Genesis, Mt. Gilead (Morrow County) Ohio, Helping people realize their dream of home ownership in Morrow County (45 minutes north of Columbus) Ohio.
To view any home in Morrow County, call me now at 419-947-4004
See all central Ohio homes for sale at:www.herbsells.com
Want to know more about me? Just Google Me!